MAST Data Discovery Portal Release Notes
Version 3.2 - July, 2017
- PanSTARRS: PanSTARRS observations are now discoverable using the MAST collections searches.
- WFC3 UVIS PSF: This HLSP catalog is now available as a collection to search. More information on this project may be found here.
- Download Basket Improvements: Various usability improvements.
Version 3.1.1 - June 1, 2017
- TESS Input Catalog: Public access to the TESS Input Catalog (TIC) and TESS Candidate Target List (CTL) is now available via the MAST Catalogs collection.
Version 3.1 - May 22, 2017
- Programmatic Access to the MAST Portal: The MAST Portal API is now available here.
Version 3.0 - April 13, 2017
There is now a login panel in the upper right corner of the page. You may now access your proprietary data using an existing authorized MAST account.
Future Portal releases will include user customization, preference saving, search history and more.
Redesigned Download Basket:
The Portal has a redesigned download basket which offers a nested tree view, data details view, and updated filters and buttons. Please watch
this video to learn more.
Streamlined access to standard HST data (beta release*):
HST users may now get direct access to public and proprietary data via the Portal.
*While in beta release, there may be up to 24 hours of lag time before new HST data appear in the Discovery Portal Interface.
Version 2.9.2 - April 7, 2017
- TESS Input Catalog: The TICv4 and TESS CTL are available for authorized users.
Version 2.9.1 - January 27, 2017
- JWST Keyword Dictionary: The JWST Keyword Dictionary is available here.
- HSC updates
Version 2.9 - December 21, 2016
- Album View: Album View tab is now available as an alternative to the grid view.
- MAST Catalogs: Gaia and Tycho-Gaia Astrometric Solution (TGAS) catalogs are now available for searching and crossmatching.
- PanSTARRS background:PanSTARRS is now an available background in AstroView.
Version 2.7 - September 29, 2016
- Advanced Search: Advanced search is now enabled for MAST searches.
- Hubble Source Catalog: HSC updated to version 2.
Version 2.6 - June 27, 2016
- Hubble Source Catalog: Download capabilities for HSC.
Version 2.4 - April 8, 2016
- Digital Object Identifiers: DOI Portal is now available here.
Version 2.1 - October 1, 2015
- Spectral Viewer: Spectral Viewer enhancements, including Doppler shift.
Version 2.0 - July 22, 2015
- Updated UI: Updated user interface.
- AstroView Surveys: More AstroView backgrounds available in addition to DSS.
Version 1.8 - February 25, 2015
- Hubble Source Catalog: HSCv1 released and made available in the Portal.
Version 1.6 - November 7, 2013
- Initial MAST Release: Portal released with MAST cone search capabilities.
Versions 1.0 - 1.5
- USVAO Data Discovery Tool Releases: Initial implementations with VO search, AstroView, and general infrastructure features.
To help improve the MAST Portal, please send feedback to The MAST Portal.